Blogroll Me! How This Old Brit Sees It ...: This Old Brit's Radio Broadcast Premier ...

08 August 2006

This Old Brit's Radio Broadcast Premier ...


Yep, that's him; This Old Brit; taking it easy, taking afternoon tea, at a Turkish beach-front bar sometime last summer.

International, jet-setting playboy or what? Eh?

Okay, we heard that -- who said 'more like a semi-senile old sod'?

Anyway, if you're wondering why in the world we'd be wanting to indulge in such a surprising show of such unashamed self promotion -- here's your answer.

Readers may recall Richard being recently contacted, via our comments' section, by a certain American radio show producer, regarding a possible interview.

Well, we're here to tell you today that said interview, via a trans-Atlantic telephone connection, took place a short time ago -- and was recorded for posterity. Well, maybe the posterity bit is pushing it a bit, but as for the recording bit -- you can take that bit as gospel. Hand on heart -- we kid you not.

As to how This Old Brit's going to sound and/or come across on air --that's anyone's guess. For our own part, we hadn't heard a peep since the day of recording -- until a few hours ago. Even then, all we found out -- via an email -- is that the relevant 'show' airs -- in just a further few hours.

But being the brave ( or maybe barmy), old bugger that he is -- This Old Brit's prepared to take his chances on asking you in advance to tune in and make your own mind up about him. Maybe he'll come across as a comical old clown, or just another boring old Brit fart, or even something completely different. Only time will tell.

We've been warned by a good American friend in the broadcasting business, to expect 'anything'. After editing, cutting out chunks of anything considered too crappy, etcetera -- it could all end up coming out nothing like we thought it might.

All we can tell you in advance about what we do know for certain, is that This Old Brit bumbled along for about fifteen minutes or so, at the time of the 'interview' recording. But it's been pointed out to us by folk who are 'au fait' with such stuff, that this could end up being edited down to something a lot less. Therefore, when it does air -- we'll be as surprised as anyone else, as to the eventual outcome.

So, here's the broadcast basics.

This year Queen Elizabeth II, Hugh Hefner and Fidel Castro turn 80 as do Alan Greenspan, Jerry Lewis and Cloris Leachman.

But there is something remarkable about the Windsor-Hefner-Castro triumvirate. Each one of them came to power nearly 50 years ago and they each did their part to define the second half of the 20th centuryÂ…they continue to thrive in the 21st. So come raise a glass and join us at the intersection of Monarchism, Hedonism and Communism.

Anyhow, as you may have guessed already, This Old Brit's brief was to blather on a bit about the Queen. And here's how you can hear on XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX This Old Brit duffer himself -- for yourself.

Other times elsewhere, plus further important listening details can NOT ANY LONGER be found here.

And by the way, if it all turns out to be a terrible train wreck -- tough! We never promised anyone any rose-garden -- and anyway, what the hell do/did you expect for free?

*

14 Comments:

Blogger Sophia said...

Richard,
I will tune in at 7.p.m. eastern.

2:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard, you must be kidding. You look good in that picture. The colour choice was superbly elegant, lilac color compliments both your white hair and healthily tanned faced quite well.

If I would say more, I'm sure, that would cause embarrassment for both of us and we wouldn't want that would we?

Maybe the lady visitors on this site will expand on this genre. I'm already blushing and laughing how they will compliment you. They have a beautiful but peculiar mindset, sometimes a bit scarily superior to us, some other times fascinating and deliciously titillating.

We always take our chance with them, so this well be no different than usual.

4:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Richard!
They should put you in movies - not on radio. Cary Grant would eat his heart out.
I'll be sure to tune in and hear you. Good luck.

11:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear you Richard. I hope it goes well, then who knows where it could lead. Btw, you do fit the playboy jet-setter bill. Suits you sir.

1:19 pm  
Blogger J.UL1R4 said...

Excellent. Nice one Richard, do they have an MP3 archive of this ?

4:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What if it is a train-wreck? Don't worry Brit -- it's great publicity -- and you know what they say about even bad publicity being better than no publicity.
I'll be there to listen. 7pm US Eastern Standard Time equates to midnight tonight in the UK - for those Brit reader/posters who don't know. It will go into archives for a while though - I've checked the site.
MP3? Yep I saw that facility there too. Check ouit the Brit's original links - the info's all there.

6:34 pm  
Blogger Sophia said...

Richard,
You probably heard, through Mark's Gorilla's Guides, of The Dubai Life Statement about recent events in the ME
This statement is a call for an oil embargo on Israel and its allies if the agression on lebanon must go on and is for signing by everybody who agrees with including individuals who visit this blog !

6:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it lilac, Richard? It kinda looks pinkish to me. But whatever you look sweet in it, Mate. It's definitely you!

On a more sombre note, though, I don't normally draw your attention personally to my links but this one, I think, deserves your close attention and perhaps follow up.

It's a litany of war crimes and illegal weapons by guess who?!

Link

8:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll also repost this link as it backs up the article above

New and unkown deadly weapons used by Israeli forces
'direct energy' weapons, chemical and/or biological agents, in a macabre experiment of future warfare
Professor Paola Manduca, GlobalResearch.ca

8:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good on yer, Brit. I _ can_not_wait -- but I may have to try those archives later too. Arwh, whatever -- Way to go Richard! I'm already on pins.

8:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish they had asked you to talk about something more serious, Richard. About something that "matters" more, I mean. About something we all know you are good at. Still, if it goes well you may find they ask you back sometime to talk on something else.

Nonetheless, I look forward to listening to you. I wonder if you'll sound as I've always imagined you would. By my reckoning here in England I'll only have to wait about one hour before I find out.

Break a leg!

11:05 pm  
Blogger Sophia said...

Richard,
I tuned in at 7:10 p.m. to find myself in fronnt of a content amd a picture which left me asking myself what the hell am I doing on this page, with this picture(my moderate feminist instincts on a high alert), I then looked for you and found a link to a registered interview on the subject you announced with a certain ...I don't remember his name. First I guessed if it was your real name to find out that it wasn't you !

Anyway I don't think the subject was so much exiting, to me at least...I don't know who Hefner is and I have never opened a Play Boy, my husband neither...

3:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard (and Sophia), same here with me.

Whatever ... you've managed well enough without them so far. Don't give it another thought.

11:18 am  
Blogger Richard said...

Awrh! I HATE unprofessional behaviour by so-called professionals -- but I'll get over it and I'll get by. I always have in the past.

1:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home