Blogroll Me! How This Old Brit Sees It ...: Pentagon Hides Details Of 20,000 Hospitalized U.S.Troops ...

08 December 2005

Pentagon Hides Details Of 20,000 Hospitalized U.S.Troops ...

It's now some time since Professor Mark Crispin Miller of New York University, publicly posed a perfectly proper question referencing the Pentagon's apparently downright deliberate suppression of the terrible truth regarding 20,000 US troops' hospitalization, after the administration of anthrax vaccinations.

But This Old Brit's here to tell you that as of today, the learned - and truly patriotic - professor doesn't appear to have been exactly inundated with either answers or ideas.

First, here's the header from Mark C. Miller's own, "News From Underground" blog.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

UPDATE:

20,000 Troops Hospitalized After Anthrax Vaccinations

And here's his seemingly simple & straightforward enough question.

Why is this not a national story ?

Next, please peruse this portion of the piece Professor Miller cites in his own blog, as per a dailypress.com article dated December 4th.

First of four parts

An Incomplete Picture

Despite promises that hospitalizations after anthrax vaccinations would be reported, the Pentagon withheld data on more than 20,000 cases.

BY BOB EVANS 247-4758

December 4, 2005

The Pentagon never told Congress about more than 20,000 hospitalizations involving troops who'd taken the anthrax vaccine, despite repeated promises that such cases would be publicly disclosed.

Instead, a parade of generals and Defense Department officials told Congress and the public that fewer than 100 people were hospitalized or became seriously ill after receiving the shot from 1998 through 2000.

They also showed Congress written policies that required public reports to be filed for hospitalizations, serious illnesses and cases where someone missed 24 hours or more of duty.

But only a sliver of those cases were reported, while the rest were withheld from Congress and the public, records obtained by the Daily Press show.

As neither an American politician, law maker nor law enforcer - nor even a US citizen - there's not a lot more that This Old Brit can do about such a stinking state of affairs as this -- other than try to help get this news out in the open and hopefully, spread far & wide. And the sooner the better.

But all right minded, proper thinking and genuinely patriotic Americans could -- and should -- actually call their congress critters' offices and demand some answers - and/or actions - right this minute.

Personal apathy permitting of course. As always.

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard and Old Brit regulars - Dubhaltach's little brother was killed in an accident in Copenhagen today. I found out late today and have no other details. Sorry to break the news like this. My email is graniab@aol.com. I will be in touch!

4:56 am  
Blogger Richard said...

Oh God, graniab.

The poor little angel; may he rest in peace. I hope he didn't suffer. Dubhaltac and his mum & dad must be absolutely devastated. My heart goes out to them.

It was only the other day we were laughing about him wanting Dubhaltac to do his homework for him.

What a cruel world.

12:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dubhaltach - I am so sorry to hear of your tragic loss. Please accept my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

4:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dubhaltac, I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Richard, thank you for broadcasting this news about the hospitalized soldiers.

5:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No updates on the Copenhagen front - I cannot begin to imagine what they are all going through - I will keep this Old Brit cyber family posted.

5:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

re anthrax vaccine. I remember a few years ago there were stories in the newspaper about how some troops were point blank refusing this innoculation even risking court martial. So there obviously was 'scuttle-butt' throughout the services about problems with the vaccine which were never fully exposed.

7:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dubhaltach, I don't have the words to express what I feel for you and yours. But me and mine are with you and yours, in spirit.

8:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering if anyone knows of other countries where armed forces were given anthrax innoculations with similar results? We had that whole anthrax mail tampering scandal right after 9/11 - that really was never resolved.

12:45 am  
Blogger Richard said...

graniab,

Any news as you get it, re dubhaltach & family will be appreciated.

On the vaccine front, even from GW 1 there were many concerns/complaints. Our troops were given veritable "cocktails" of vaccinations, one right after the other, which many medics say was asking for trouble - especially as many new drugs were used. It's eeming more & more likely that the term Gulf War Syndrome is a real misnomer.

So many problems are being bundled together under that one label. When it's really a combination of maladies. Many different drugs/vaccines/medications/etc, as well as D.U, other toxic/chemical fume inhalation at close quarters for prolonged periods, dubious food/water, post traumatic stress - and even more factors - but it's 'easier' for them to talk about "a syndrome".

What everyone seems to forget - or chooses to ignore - is that already the next generation is suffering. The numbers of birth defects/miscariages/etc is already alarming - it will only get worse I fear. The various increase in cancer rates in GW1 vets is also alarming.

Overall, it's a nightmare - set to worsen as time goes by.

11:39 am  
Blogger Richard said...

Harper - and everyone else,

I'm sure you already know your thoughts will mean a lot to the family when they know.

11:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please add my condolences to those already expressed here. How awful.

(Only the good die young.)

11:44 am  
Blogger Richard said...

gotham,

Let's hope the truth will out eventually. Meantime, these serially discredited cretins must be put under the microscope, every hour of the day regarding everything, and by as many people and as often as possible.

For every inch they've been given, they've taken a couple of miles - and more.

I'll call in at your place a little later - thanks for the kind invitation.

And btw, Sitemeter.com is the place to look. They have a free version and a paid one;the freebie suits me fine. It gives you the locations of each last 100 visitors - the paid one gives you 500, I think. Obviously, the last hundred is constantly changing, but I keep a manual record by checking in as regularly as possible.

11:55 am  
Blogger Richard said...

If there's anyone or anything I've missed, I'm sure someone will let me know.

11:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a terrible loss. I'm holding you and yours in the light, my friend. I send my deepest sympathy.

10:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard and fellow Old Brit posters - no news from Copenhagen except that Dad is on his way home. I originally heard the terrible news from Dubhaltach's girlfriend. As soon as I know anything I will share.

6:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Newsflash - funeral on Wednesday. I probably won't hear anything until later this week.

9:32 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Thanks, graniab.

Gawd, I FEEL for them all.

9:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you Richard - no one should EVER have to bury a child.

10:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, you and mark miller scooped amy goodman and democracy now .... they only just picked up on this report ..... yesterday

3:10 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the accident (Richard told us on our discussion forum last week). That poor family. I hope they're getting a lot of support.

On the Pentagon topic, gothamimage, you said:

"Very much disagree with Elaine's USSR comparison - People forget how bad the USSR was - Millions and millions killed."

The thing is -- they started with the first death, and built from there. Give the U.S. time. It's just starting. If this trajectory continues, believe me, the casualties will indeed be "millions and millions". (Just ask the relatives of the thousands dead in Iraq. Or dead from the Union Carbide disaster in India. Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.)

3:43 pm  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

Thanks for telling about this...I wonder if they put mercury in the vaccines....

It did make ANY MSM, I am sorry to say...and yes, don't worry Richard there are many of us that are fighting this friggin regime every single day. I promise...

I am so sorry to hear about the loss, please too add me to the condelence list...

( I am updateing VET issues this week so I will blog on this- thanks)

7:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home