Blogroll Me! How This Old Brit Sees It ...: Don't Talk To Me About A Trophy Video ...

29 November 2005

Don't Talk To Me About A Trophy Video ...


** Four dead children, of a Kurdish Shiite family, lie inside a morgue in Baqouba, Iraq, Sunday, Nov. 6, 2005. Eleven members of a Kurdish Shiite family were killed Saturday when gunmen sprayed their minibus with automatic weapons' fire northeast of Baghdad, police said. Three other family members were wounded. (AP Photo/Mohammed Adnan) **
===========================================================

Whether or not the vehicle in which these innocent Iraqi children were unmercifully slaughtered was one of the vehicles fired upon - for fun - by the so called 'contractors' of the instantly infamous "Trophy Video", is of little or no consequence.

Since whoever the uncivilized scum responsible for such serial, Iraqi atrocities were -- these dear little ones are no less dead.

Earlier, along with many millions of others, no doubt, I watched that foul 'Trophy' footage. But I'll bet I certainly wasn't as shocked as some.

Why?

Because, just a few hours earlier I'd been looking at the photo posted above -- along with many others like it.

And, as I've believed for a long time that a picture really can be worth a thousand words, I 'll simply shut up right now and let these pictures speak for themselves.

But be warned, these don't remotely resemble any video game. These truly testify to the 'in-your-face' reality, of the indiscriminate brutality brought about by war. http://cryptome.org/kid-kill/kid-kill-01.htm



17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When in the name of God will we ever learn? There are NO winners in war!

12:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's true anonymous - except for the tiny minority who always profit[eer].

1:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Image has now been moved to here There's rather a lot of them.

4:07 pm  
Blogger Gert said...

"Thanks" for digging that up.

These things, no matter how revolting to the faint-hearted, need to be shown, lest we forget that these wars aren't "remote-controle" events....

5:01 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

gert, [and all regulars],

That's how I see it too. It was the images of the agonies endured by the kids in V-Nam which began the begining of the end for that debacle.

Also, semi off topic - but it is children related - 'pelican' at @ The Daily KOS has just picked up my recent pesticides/chemicals/children/test piece.

That can only be good - I'm already getting an big influx of site-hits/visitors from there.

5:50 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

anon, rex and dubhaltach,

Thanx all.

5:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Needless to say there have been far too many innocents slaughtered in this war. I have yet to see these photos in the US mainstream press. STill idiots here wonder why the Iraqis resent our presence. I have been playing the 'trophy' video over and over again trying to decipher the accent.

6:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I just dashed over to Daily Kos and saw the EPA piece with good comments - double high five!

6:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re trophy video - interesting piece on crooksandliars.com on said video (scroll down to November 28 entry) and slap me for forgetting Lt. Col. Spicer and his connection to the Peter McBride murder in Belfast in 1992.

8:15 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

graniab,

Like yourself, I've tried & tried but it's almost impossible ... but I think I could detect two eventually - one American and one Brit northern England --- maybe, I hate to admit, even a scouser ????

Of course, as I said, in it's present form the audio is almost possible to make much of.

High 5, much appreciated.

That Spicer guy certainly gets around doesn't he? A quick google using a cut & paste of part of what you posted - ie:
Lt. Col. Spicer and his connection to the Peter McBride murder in Belfast in 1992.
comes up with some really interesting stuff.

8:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard - I have to admit that it bothered me about reports of an Irish accent on the video - so I totally hear you! Anyway it appears that the voice is South African.

You better believe that we won't be seeing today's pictures of atrocities on michaelyon.com

8:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is beyond sickening. The world has been turned upside down

11:14 pm  
Blogger St!ff M!ttens said...

Yeah, Col. Spicer is still around apologizing for scumbags, meanwhile this guy is dead:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-colonel27nov27,0,1641096.story?page=1&coll=la-home-headlines

12:03 am  
Blogger Richard said...

graniab,

Like someone else posted at that time, on principle I decided not even to bother visiting that fellow's 'recommended' site.

Elaine, cheers. You too, missus.

jultra, you can say that again.

How low can can we sink? Well, some of us, not all. Welcome btw, I like the look of you blog;I'll have to get back & take a proper look, later on.

st!ff,

Long time no 'see'. Funnily enough, I was discussing that poor man elsewhere, just recently. Something stinks to high heaven there. Whover actually pulled the trigger doesn't really matter much to me. It's not hard to figure out who the real guilty parties are. May they rot.

12:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree ~~ they should rot ~~ but not before they've been brought to justice and punished. Hanging is too good for them.

4:03 pm  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

I am so sorry for the War Criminals that hijacked our Country- Hanging would be too kind.

I am ashamed, heartbroken ....
and sad and angry have blurred my senses....

6:57 am  
Blogger Richard said...

anon & enigma,

Then we are ALL agreed. Surprising how often that happens around here, eh?

12:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home