Blogroll Me! How This Old Brit Sees It ...: I can't even begin to describe the depth of my disgust for Tony Blair

12 May 2008

I can't even begin to describe the depth of my disgust for Tony Blair

blairs.jpg
Tony Blair, pretending to give an edgewise crap about his wife's miscarriage

From the Telegraph:



Cherie Blair discloses today that she "could not believe" news of her miscarriage was released early for political reasons, such was the obsession with media management among the former Prime Minister’s inner circle.

In the latest extracts from her memoirs, Mrs Blair says she spoke to Alistair Campbell, the Prime Minister’s media chief, within hours of the miscarriage in 2002.

Mr Blair and Mr Campbell told her that they would be announcing news of the loss to avert false speculation about an early invasion of Iraq.

Mrs Blair recounts how she visited the hospital and was told: "There is no heart beat, Mrs Blair. I am afraid the baby is dead."

Mrs Blair telephoned her husband to tell him what had happened. She was then shocked to be called back by both Mr Blair and Mr Campbell saying that the press announcement was to be made for political reasons.

"I couldn’t believe it," she said. "There was I was bleeding, and they were talking about what was going to be the line to the press. I put down the receiver and lay there staring at the ceiling as pain began to grip."


(cross posted at Liberal Avenger and appletree)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just say fcuk the Bliars.

7:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just as long as you don't want me to do it, Tazmanian. I wouldn't even touch either of them with yours - if my own was sick in hospital. {:- )

2:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home