Blogroll Me! How This Old Brit Sees It ...: George Dumbya Bush Blathers About "The Presidency" -- For Dummies ...

05 October 2007

George Dumbya Bush Blathers About "The Presidency" -- For Dummies ...



(Alleged) United States President and Commander in Chief of America's mighty military machine, G.W. Bush, spoke at Lancaster Chamber of Commerce and Industry at the J Group in Lancaster, Pa., Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2007.

We wish we'd been there watching -- and listening. So long as we'd had an interpreter sat beside us of course.

You know, to help us understand some of the stupid shit said simpleton spouted.

Such as:

... when you give a man more money in his pocket _ in this case, a woman _ more money in her pocket to expand a business, they build new buildings. And when somebody builds a new building, somebody has got to come and build the building. "And when the building expanded, it prevented (sic) additional opportunities for people to work.
(snip)

I always tell Condi Rice, `I want to remind you, Madam Secretary, who has the Ph.D. and who was the C student. And I want to remind you who the adviser is and who the president is.'

"I got a lot of Ph.D.-types and smart people around me who come into the Oval Office and say, `Mr. President, here's what's on my mind.' And I listen carefully to their advice. But having gathered the device (sic), I decide, you know, I say, `This is what we're going to do.'
(snip)

"I'll be glad to answer some questions from you if you got any," he said. "If not, I can keep on blowing hot air until the time runs out."
(snip)

"I'm not quite through," he said near the end. "And it's a long answer, I'm sorry. It's called filibustering." After one answer about American views of the Iraq war, Bush said sheepishly: "I think that was your question, wasn't it? The answer was so long I lost track."
(snip)

"When you're getting over 60, sometimes your mind slips," said Bush, who is 61.

Finally, he decided he had said enough.

"And I got to go, I hate to tell you. You're paying me too much money to be sitting here talking."
Thanks to Associated Press writer/reporter DEB RIECHMANN you can read all about it over at The Huffington Post.

And don't forget that Dumbya has constantly spewed similar sorts of nonsensical stuff - since almost day one.

Remember any of these horrendous howlers?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Twilight said...

You know.....I can't think of a single British Prime Minister in my lifetime who has provided such potential for derision and such good fodder for comedians.

Thatcher was lampooned a lot, but one could never say she was dumb.

They sometimes tried to ridicule Heath, but again - he certainly didn't display the kind of idiocy we see in your examples, Richard.

What is it with the people of the USA ? Are they naeve or daft?
I'm here amongst them and they mostly seem quite sensible.

What goes wrong on election day?
Do they all suffer from attacks of vertigo or amnesia or summat?

5:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dubya is so dim that when he enters a room - it goes dark.

6:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The American dream.

In America ANYONE can become president.

Ha. They got THAT right.

11:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I am in a minority of ONE, but I think "dumb" Bush is (and has been) playing the role that was assigned to him, and he is playing it to the hilt (and rather well at that). I'm not sure anyone else in the United States could (or would) play it.

The goal here is to destroy our government, and they are very close to succeeding. Plenty of evidence of that destruction -- look in every direction.

They, whoever "they" are, have privatized or attempted to privatize almost every function a government normally would do, even including the military and prison components. (Blackwater in Iraq and our Prison system at home anad secret renditions abroad for torture are obvious examples, but there are lots more). Our Constitution is in shreds, Congress can't function, the Judicial system is weakened, elections are a joke with presidential candidates that look like a row of caricatures. Not to mention there is nothing but debt in the coffers because all that money has gone to the weapons makers and suppliers of all types of contractors. (and we are giving away weapons like candy).

I don't know who is calling the plays, but you can bet it's related to world corporate power and scads of money and weaponry.

All I can say is, watch out. This is not the only government "they" will try to take down.

1:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is he REALLY that stupid?

1:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rosemary--

While I think that Bush tries to play up his "aw shucks" image, I think that a lot of the ignorance and stupidity he displays is natural.

Take, for example, the fact that whenever he talks about policy, he sounds like he's trying to explain things to a 6 year old child. Back in 2000, I thought that this was because he thought that the American people were stupid and needed things explained that way. But his rhetoric NEVER rises above that level, except when he's reading a prepared speech. It's become clear to me that he always sound like he's explaining things to a child because that's the way his staff has to explain things to him.

Twilight--

The reason we get dim bulbs like Bush and Reagan is that we have direct elections of our heads of state. Our Speaker of the House is elected in the same manner as your Prime Minister, which explains why we never get speakers who embarrass us with their stupidity.

8:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home