Blogroll Me! How This Old Brit Sees It ...: Turkish Report #2

17 September 2007

Turkish Report #2

Meharba.

Phew! It's hot over here. Thank goodness my brother is fortunate enough to have a pool.

Which reminds me -- I'm having the same problems trying to download the pool-poseur-pics I've taken, as I am with all my other photographs. However, I know for a fact that there's no major problem preventing me from doing so -- just one I can't quite figure out yet. So don't panic (ha, as if anyone would), I've got quite a few I'm looking forward to sharing -- soon.

Took another trip over the mountains today, to lovely Olu Deniz, home of the famous Blue Lagoon -- and a (completely crazy if you ask me), parascender's paradise. The sky was thick with people who had jumped off mountain tops for most of the day. Thankfully they all seen to landed in one piece.

Gawd! What a sport - if sport is the correct word. Talk about taking life & death risks in the name of enjoyment.

Apparently seven have died doing this sort thing at Olu Deniz this year.

Also, we saw a bad accident on the mountain road while on our way back to Fethiye. Police cars, ambulances, etc.

Well, at least those involved would have stood a fighting chance of survival since they hadn't gone over the sheer cliffs.

I'm sure that anyone who has ever been to Turkey and witnessed the 'norms' of the Turk's driving abilities/standards will vouch for just how crazy they are on the roads. Someone quipped that the Turks drive neither on the right nor the left, but rather 'in the shade'.

Okay, back to the missus, brother and his wife on the terrace for some chi and chocolate - Cadbury's of course.

Incidentally, the sky right now is as clear as a bell, and completely star studded. There's a real crescent moon and believe it or not, rusty red Mars is glowing brilliantly in close attendance --making a beautiful, natural celestial facsimile of the Turkish national flag. On a night like this it is so easy to see how they came to choose the image they did.

Right then. Be back soon - hopefully with pic downloading problem solved.

G'night for now. Sleep tight. Sweet dreams. Take care.

5 Comments:

Blogger Twilight said...

It's good to know you're having a super-dooper time out there in the East.

Mmmmm - I can almost taste that Cadbury's chocolate......

12:00 am  
Blogger Gert said...

Hi Richard!

Off topic:

Here's a great blog traffic generating tool: Blogrush! I use it too!

7:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you two are having a wonderful time. I love your descriptions of the experiences -- the traffic on a mountain road, the crazy cliff diving into the lagoon, the juxtaposition of Moon and Mars and the Turkish symbolism (like it was there just for you because you were visiting Turkey)

Now, get that photo upload/download problem solved, so we can see!

In truth, we CAN see them without the pics, 'cuz the descriptions are so good.

Enjoy yourselves!

9:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uTL6Di The best blog you have!

7:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home