Blogroll Me! How This Old Brit Sees It ...: Latest Palestinian Dead And Injured [By Israel in Gaza] Figures Disputed ...

19 January 2008

Latest Palestinian Dead And Injured [By Israel in Gaza] Figures Disputed ...

*




While we're not exactly at death's door we're still sick enough not to feel up to taking on too much typing today.

And after reading the the piece we pinched the following paragraphs from, we're now feeling sicker than we were before.

Therefore, we publish the excerpt below, without further personal comment.

... I was in a cab and we were stuck in a long traffic jam. Next to me was a school minibus full of children. They were staring out of the window. So was I.

I engaged them. I made clown faces to them, stuck my tongue out and grimaced...
They giggled, and stuck their tongues out at me, contorting their faces, and pulling their ears in mockery...

We kept at this play for a while. The taxi driver thought I was nuts. The kids loved it and so did I. It was pure joy. We laughed across the window, and then waved goodbye as the traffic finally eased up.

I saw no violence in their eyes, no malice, no craving to inflict hurt.

Today, children were playing in the streets of Gaza, scores were rushed to hospital with blood pouring out of their little limbs, heads, eyes and nose...Israel bombed Gaza again.

40 dead, 100 injured and out of the 100, 45 were children. 45 children not older than 10, soaked in blood. Their own.

(These figures were quoted several times on Al Jazeera Arabic TV. [...] not the 1 dead and 35 injured.
[As later published here via the online Al Jazeera "English" media version].

I don't understand why this sudden discrepancy. Is someone trying to hide the real figures?)

They interviewed a little one, about 6, with a bandaged head and the poor little thing was stuttering, with his face swollen up, and his eyes moist with tears...

He said "I was playing with my friends, and the bombs fell on us...they wanted to kill me."(they = Israelis, who else?!)

Yes you are right little one, they wanted to kill you.

They and the Americans are flip sides of the same coin. They grow, thrive and prosper on violence.

Read the rest of this sickeningly sad story right here.

*

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn. It gets worse by the day over there. Will it EVER end?

6:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha, you beat me to it and took the words out of my mouth.

6:03 pm  
Blogger Moon Rattled said...

Folks, let this video reassure you. (Naught!)

7:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UN chief warns on Gaza violence

The rise in violence comes after US-led push for progress on peace

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has called on the Israelis and Palestinians to take urgent measures to try to end escalating violence in the Gaza Strip.

More at link.

8:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's why it won't stop anytime soon:

http://viewzone.com/dualcitizen.html

Also related to your piece on Ol' Deathshead (yup, he's there in the line-up).

Glad you're both feeling a touch better.

*sweetoldlady*

11:27 pm  
Blogger dubhaltach said...

Well what do you expect from a racist settler state like Israel? Civilised behaviour? Reasonable behaviour? A desire for peace?

The Israelis will only start to behave like civilised human beings when, like their apartheid loving Afrikaner buddies before them, they realise that that is the only way their tribe have a hope of surviving.

10:46 am  
Blogger Twilight said...

I don't think it WILL ever end.
It seems to have been going on for all my adult life (and probably long before that).

I remember saying to my first boss, back in the 1950s,
"I don't understand the Middle-East".
He replied, "Love, nobody understands the Middle-East".

Nothing changes much.

(Glad you're a wee bit better Richard).

5:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Simian in Chief assures the world of his desire to establish a viable Pally state yet he refuse to reign in his Zionazi attack dogs. What an effing liar and hypocrite.
My greatest disappointment is actually with the EU and the rest of the Europeans as I generally consider them to be more human. I have no faith in the so called rulers of the muslim countries as they're all bought and paid for lackeys of Uncle Sam. Damn them all.

5:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home