Blogroll Me! How This Old Brit Sees It ...: Donald Rumsfeld; Questions And Answers Quiz ...

09 November 2006

Donald Rumsfeld; Questions And Answers Quiz ...

*

Donald Rumsfeld

In his own words?

The outgoing US defence secretary, Donald Rumsfeld, is known not only as the longest-serving member of George Bush's cabinet but as also a man whose grasp of the English language is, at best, partial.

Test your knowledge of Mr Rumsfeld and his words with our quiz - which of these are real Rumsfeldisms?


'The message is that there are known knowns - there are things that we know that we know. There are known unknowns - that is to say, there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns - there are things we do not know we don't know. And each year we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.'

True or False?


'We know where they [Iraq's alleged WMD] are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat.'

True or False?



'Stuff happens. It's untidy, and freedom's untidy, and free people are free to make mistakes and commit crimes and do bad things.'

True or False?


'He [Osama Bin Laden] is either alive and well or alive and not too well or not alive.'

True or False?



'Near my office is a flag done in ... origami. That's one of those words I haven't mastered yet.'

True or False?


'This is fantastic - I've got a laser pointer! ... Holy mackerel ... ah man, that's terrific!'

True or False?


'I shouldn't get into ... this is diplomacy, and I don't do diplomacy.'

True or False?


'We do have a saying in America: if you're in a hole, stop digging ..... erm, I'm not sure I should have said that.'

True or False?


'I believe what I said yesterday ... I don't know what I said, er, but I know what I think, and ... well, I assume it's what I said.'

True or False?


'Well, um, you know, some things are neither good nor bad but thinking makes it so, I suppose, as Shakespeare said.'

True or False?


'It's like, you know, stirring for troubled waters.'

True or False?


'What we are seeing is not the war in Iraq. What we're seeing is slices of the war in Iraq.'

True or False?


Got the general gist of the game yet?


If you think you really know your Rummy, get on over to the Guardian, and go for it.

It's fascinating, it's fun and it's for free.

Furthermore, we're sure that for more than a few folk , it may even be educational.

Incidentally, if you've got it, why not flaunt it?

When you finish, why not saunter on back to say how you scored?

*

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, heh. I got top marks and as a prize I got asked a hoot of a bonus question.

11:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:13 am  
Blogger Richard said...

I think I may have to try comment moderation for a while.

12:56 am  
Blogger Wisewebwoman said...

I scare myself, 12 out of 12.
The collectible quotes of The Donald.
Have y'all seen this wonderful email from The Mrs. Donald?
-----------------------------------
Subject: Please we need your help!

Dear Beloved, I am wife of Sacked American Secretary of Defense, Honorable Donald Rumsfeld.
It is out of desperation that I am sending you this mail. My Husband and I need your assistance in
fronting for us as owner of funds that are his which might come under investigation soon if the fund's
ownership is not changed soonest. As my Husband's finances are increasingly becoming the source
of investigation by our distractors. The source of these fund's which my Husband earnings would not
validate, will further sink him into the cesspool dug by our enemies. It is because of the dire strait we
find ourselves that we resolved to reach you and ask for your assistance in this matter. We are averse
to letting those we know here into this deal because we are no longer sure of who our friends are.
You will be handsomely rewarded if you choose to help us partnerhip in this project. I will be expecting
to hear from you and will disclose further details to you upon your response. Do well not to disclose the
contents of this mail to anyone.

Best Regards,
Mrs. Donald Rumsfeld
-----------------------------------

5:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

100% for me too. I just guessed that they were all so mixed up that only old Rummy or the idiot who gave him his job in the first place (then kept praising him and kept him for so long) could have said all that.

Scary isn't it? Two adults such as these dictating who should die and when - anywhere in the world - just 'cos they said so.

11:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read somewhere that Henry Kissenger once said of Rummy:"He's the most ruthless man I know."

Now, coming from a war criminal like Kissenger -- WHAT a reference that is.

Also, somewhere on one of the Nixon oval office tapes, Tricky Dicky himself refers to (the then young) Rummy as " ..an ambitious little bastard."

5:05 pm  
Blogger markfromireland said...

Sheeesh Richard what a waste of time. You go to war with the war criminals you have not with the war criminals you want to have. Then when you're defeated you go to your impeachment with the record you have not with the record want to have. Then when your war criminal ass is dumped into a cell you get used to the prison guards you have not to servants you used to have. It's a tough life being a failed chimpanzduck.

Everyone knows that!!!!!

:-)))))))))))))))

I hope you'll pardon me Blog you know whatting. "Guides" is being taken over the Arabs! Check out today's posting by Zeynab. Laith did a really good job translating what she wrote into English.

8:34 pm  
Blogger markfromireland said...

Wisewebwoman said...

………

5:41 AM

It's funny you should mention that. What a strange coincidence! :-)

PS: Thanks for the inspiration.

mfi

9:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder. Did Rummy go to English classes with dumbya? Or is doddering Donald going where and how Ronald (Reagan) went?

All joking aside, I suspect Rumsfeld may genuinely be in the early stages of dementia. He's showing some classic symptoms - imho.

2:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. Now nobody's scared of coming right out and saying how stupid Rummy sounded, so often.

The BBC has now joined the 'laugh-in' and come up with their own list of crazy, pathetic Rumsfeldisms.

Here's the link.

3:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, eloquence. Pride of the right wing.

10 out of 12, here. Thanks for the entertainment!

6:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Richard!

You had me in stitches!

I needed a good laugh.

3:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I scored 12 out of 12, but I had some help from the others here, I admit.

8:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home