Blogroll Me! How This Old Brit Sees It ...: Blair's "Bah, Humbug!" To London Bomb Victims ...

21 October 2005

Blair's "Bah, Humbug!" To London Bomb Victims ...



Someone should seek out some transcripts of several Tony Blair speeches -- and shove them straight up where the sun don't shine.

I speak of course of his serial shit-spewing regarding 'protecting' the British people, and his [oh, so compassionate] concern for our well being and welfare.

Right now, I'd readily risk real money [if I had it] at my local bookie's shop, that the ten thousand signatories to this petition would willingly wait patiently in line, for the privilege & pleasure of participating -- in said ceremonial shoving.

As would, no doubt, all their nearest and dearest.


Bomb victims in payouts protest

Garri Holness [pictured above] lost part of his leg in the 7 July bombings

Survivors of the 7 July London bombings and relatives of those killed delivered a 10,000-signature petition to Downing Street demanding better pay outs.

Many say they had no financial help and described the compensation scheme as slow, inadequate and insulting.
Sounds about par for the Blair boys' course, I'd say -- "... slow, inadequate and insulting".

Government rules mean bereaved families get £11,000 and the maximum for the seriously injured is £500,000.
Geeze. What generosity. Eh?

After the 11 September attacks, families of those killed received about $2m (£1.1m) from the US Government.

Even his blood-brother Bush with his so called, compassionate U.S. conservatives cared more for their innocent victims of terrorism than the phony Blair government does.

London bombing victims want the government to abolish the ceiling on compensation, as well as immediate help for victims and guaranteed long-term financial security for survivors.
And why not?

After all, it was the Downing Street poodle himself who virtually painted the big 'bulls-eye' on Britain's capital city, when he illegally went waging war in Iraq -- shoulder to shoulder with the Pennsylvania-Ave-dwelling, dolt.

Stacy Beer, 24, whose brother Phil, 22, from Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, died in the Piccadilly Line blast, said she was angry the families had been left to take action themselves.

"You cannot put a price on a person's life. No amount of money will bring them back, but money will help the survivors - it will help them rebuild their lives."

Brava, Stacey; well said.

Earlier this week Prime Minister Tony Blair said ......

Wait for it.

" ... a new scheme could be established to pay compensation to UK victims of terrorism".
Yes, Prime Minister. Of course it could be.

And pigs, I suppose, could be conned into believing they could -- maybe one day, some day, somehow -- be convinced that they could, maybe even effing fly.

Grrrr. Gawd, gimme strength.

Best you read the rest on your own I think.

Because right now I'm reading my rapidly rising blood pressure as a sign.

A sign I should go do a Garbo.

'Cos I'm angry again - and I want to be [left] alone.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4363040.stm

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, wars cost lotsa money Old Brit. But you know that. The Blair crew can't afford to pay for creating new victims each day - AND - pay compensation to victims too.

It's all about priorities, you see.

(end of sarkyness)

Blair's a b*stard. But you already know that as well. Eh?

3:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to see the figures on what exactly the Bush administration paid out to families of 9/11 victims. The only reason the families got anything was because if the survivors had sued the airlines involved - the cash settlements would have literally crippled the airline industry. As I understand it the survivors of the higher wage earners received compensation MINUS any personal insurance payout. The illegal migrant workers - well I'd be surprised if their families received anything at all - how would they get access to the various forms - in some tiny mountaineous village in Mexico. The compensation to fire fighters and police was a different situation altogether as they died on the job! I've been reading articles about the London bombing victims and it's a disgrace $10,000.00 isn't going to make these people whole again. Btw do they have to pay tax on this lump sum payment? The only crime these poor people committed was either going to work or going about their business. Maybe Cherie's chambers should get together a lawsuit against the transit authority - the threat of that might open up the purse strings.

4:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:26 pm  
Blogger markfromireland said...

oops - grainia check thread below for my reply to you sorry I'm very rushed at the moment.

Also the irish times have a "Saturday Edition Only" subscription. As that's the edition with the weekly round up and some excellent book reviews etc i thoroughly recommend it. I really look forward to my copy of the Saturday edition arriving. From me it gets passed on to somebody else who passes it on and so on so it gets well and truly read :-)

6:26 pm  
Blogger markfromireland said...

Your first Arabic Lesson

Richard Grainne,

I'm sorry I can't resist - I got this in my email ages ago. it's the text of a hand written letter from Osama "I murdered thousands of people and all I got was away with it" Bin Laden to George W "Me an' poodle-boy have murdered thousands of people and we've gotten away with it so far" Bush.

370HSSV-0773H

To decipher the letter you need to know two things:

1) Bush was holding the letter upside down.

2) Arabic reads from right-to-left.


Enjoy!*


*Disclaimer - If you have tea or any other liquid in your mouth after solving the puzzle and you ruin your keyboard it's your fault not mine! :-)

7:00 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

graniab,

I'm no tax expert but my understanding is that although the amount won't be taxed at source, but it WILL be added to any other income for the tax year it's paid to them in -- which means they WILL 'end up' being taxed.

Since for whichever year they actually receive the extra money, they'll find themselves paying tax on their TOTAL income - not just EARNED income.

9:47 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

bluey,

Sometimes one has to be a bit sarcastic. Sometimes we have to smile [albeit sickly] otherwise we'd probably be permanently tears.

9:49 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Mark,

I cheated. Heh. I cut & pasted the number code into a search engine - and 'voila!'

Ha, ha! But, 'major league'would have fitted in nicely - in place of the hyphon. Eh? :^)

9:54 pm  
Blogger markfromireland said...

He he he richard me ould flower I suspect you've got a lot of Irish in you :-)

10:47 pm  
Blogger markfromireland said...

'Scusce me folks between firedoglake and a really enjoyable flame war over at liberalavenger where our trolls have gone into feeding frenzy and have started fanging one another* I'm going to have to sign off from here for the night.

*Actually that figures doesn't it? The rats in the current US administration seem to be having their own internal night of the long knives too so naturally our trolls have to emulate them.

Richard I havenøt been told exactly when I'm shipping out but it'll be in a day or so. My son Dubhaltach has the url to here and he'll let you know if I can't make the time to do it.

g'night folks I have to go get a large bucket of the internet's iciest water to chuck at the the trolls before they go critical and start sodomising each other in public.

11:31 pm  
Blogger Gert said...

Hi Richard,

Did you see the Sunday Telegraph story about the MoD survey carried out amongst Iraqis? It would appear our troops aren't very well liked, surprise, surprise...

I can't link from here because your comment section for some reason doesn't allow cut and paste but you can find the story on my latest post: "Iraqis Support Attacks on British Troops". This is well worth distributing in my view.

Keep'm coming...

5:08 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

mark,

Ha! I'll just have to take a look at the troll war, a little later. Sounds like it may be fun.

As for shipping out -- for what, for why and for where? I'm afraid I'm 'lost' on that one.

8:58 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Elaine,

Yeah, so I aws led to believe. It seems you're definitely not the only one to notice [and say] that.

8:59 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

gert,

No, not yet. I'll have to get agander at that, also a little later . Likewise, a look at your blog too.

Btw, I don't know exactly what's the problem but, although I can cut & paste links @ the comments box - I simply can NOT activate them to go 'live'. It's real pain in the bum sometimes.

9:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard I guess Mark is off to quell a troll rebellion - we will just have to muddle through until he gets back to us again.

5:16 am  
Blogger Gert said...

Hi Richard,

Are you using the right tags? For example to activate to http://www.whatever.com, you need to include it in (a href="http://www.example.com")example.com(/a), replacing of course the round brackets by angular ones (< and >).

e.g. Google

4:25 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Testing

gert

4:59 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Aha!

By George, I think he's got it!

Thanks, Gert -- I'll have to write that 'formula' down somewhere, for future refence.

Again, thanks. Much appreciated.

5:01 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

This Old Brit

5:07 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:10 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Heck. 2/2. I'm a geek! Well, almost. :^)

5:12 pm  
Blogger Gert said...

Hi Richard,

Yes, you're almost a webdesigner now!

Seriously, you can use that syntax incorporated in any normal piece of text, for any active link you want including here, on any comment section on any blogger blog, as well as on most comment sections on most other type of blogs like blogcity, typepad etc.

The advantage is obvious: people are much more inclined to click through than to copy and paste the actual URL (something a lot of people don't know how to do anyway).

Good luck with your knew-found skill!

3:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home