Blogroll Me! How This Old Brit Sees It ...: Share Our Retreat From Bumbling, Bungling Bush ...

12 October 2006

Share Our Retreat From Bumbling, Bungling Bush ...

Seeing George Bush bumble & stumble his way through a so called press-conference today, as stupidly as always, somehow seemed to send us almost into a dose depression. In fact it almost drove us to despair.

But, only almost.


Since given the grit that we've got, we decided we damned didn't want to go there

So, what did we set about doing to see if we could send our spirits soaring? Well, sort of soaring -- in the artistic-licence sense, if you see what we mean.

We cast our minds back to September. And to our super-duper sojourn in sunny old Turkey -- as we perused, probably for the umpteenth time, some of our holiday snaps.

Wanna see some?

So, shall we start with some sunsets?








Okay, so lets see something in the light of day.









That's all for now folks!



See you again soon.

So long as that barmy bugger Bush isn't on the box again, blowing our bloody minds.

*

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I wanna be there. Those are great shots Richard. David Bailey eat your heart out.

Btw, Bush has the same effect on me - every time I see or hear him.

2:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A perfect antidote to that fool's stumbling, Sir Richard! Great selection of shots, and they look so good in large format.

Literally, balm for the spirit!

5:38 am  
Blogger markfromireland said...

Hi Richard,

I empathise. I've got a little list on my website. I guarantee you'll HATE reading it.

Pass it on to any Brit you think needs to see it. If you or anyone else needs the HTML code for it let me know by leaving a comment. with a email addy (WON'T be published) and I'll send the code with instructions for how to use it.

(Blogger can be tricky with tables so don't just cut and paste.)

Lovely snaps. Wish you and I and all those we love were there right now.

TTFN

Mark

7:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I admit it, I'm a dittohead right now.

A) Bush drives me round the bend everytime too.

B) I wanna be there too.

C) David Bailey eat your heart out.

D) Balm for the spirit is so true. Beautiful!

11:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm green with envy. It looks a wonderful place.

And no marauding, Muslim terrorists in sight?

[Sorry, I couldn't resist that little bit of sarcasm ]

12:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bush should be put away somewhere safe out of harms way -- for everyone's sake.

As for the photos, muchas gracias amigo. They're brill. Much better than a postcard~which I never got. Just teasin' of course. I can see why you love the place~so would I.

5:30 pm  
Blogger JulieDee said...

Ah! Richard my dear, dear friend! A very VERY long time no see! And yor pix are the PERFECT thing to greet these tired old eyes on their return to blogland indeed!

I hope you remember just how much I love our dear dear leader... about as much as our mutual friend Noel does! And speaking of that deavil have you heard from Mr. Adamson of late?

8:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:30 pm  
Blogger Sophia said...

Hi Richard,
Thanks for sharing with us these wonderful pictures.
As for Bush, what surpised me in his press conference (I don't watch TV that often, so in total I must have seen him only once or twice on TV) was the deference of journalists, he was telling them that the iraq body count was not credible and no one had the balls to confront him with the evidence, either they are dumb or they are carpets....

7:33 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

I wish we ALL could have been there together -- away from it all -- even if only for a little while.

Mark, I did as you suggested.

Julie, it IS a long time no see. I last 'spoke' with Noel at Xmas I think, to wish him season's greetings and happy birthday. I hope you are both well.

1:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home