Blogroll Me! How This Old Brit Sees It ...: PHEW!!

09 April 2005

PHEW!!

It's been all go for the last couple of days, eh? Well, it would have been if I'd been one of the rich and famous and/or great & good.

Yesterday, I'd have been bored half to death for hours, in Rome. At the already dead, Pope's funeral. Amongst a right motely crew of mourners, too. Did you ever see so many phoneys all together in one place at the same time?

This morning I'd have flown home, fast, to England. Then, whizzed straight down to Windsor, for that wedding. Loyally, singing out loud: "Get me to the church on time". Or castle, or town hall. Or, wherever else had finally been burdened with them .

Imagine the pressure. Chinless Charlie and his whacky what's-her-name woman would never have forgiven me if I hadn't shown. You can bet your life I'd have soon been added to HRH's famous "bloody people" list. If not actually thrown bodily into the Bloody Tower.

Waving ta-ta to Windsor, I'd then have winged my way, at warp speed, up to Liverpool's Aintree racecourse . There, quite comfortably, casualy mingling 'mongst the country & county crew. Whether I needed a Grand National fix again, this year, or not.

Phew! It's tough at the top. And amid all this
, a certain established blogger asks me to fit in an interview for her. Right in the middle of everything else already on one's overflowing plate. Oh, well. Seeing as she's the daughter of a famous, retired American scientist........ such is 'the culture of life,' I suppose. ( Heh. Can you spot the hidden blog-clue? )

Next, looming large on my horizon, would be the sunny [though sometimes slightly sweaty] shores of the South of France. You know -- The marvelous Mediterranean. Magnificent Monaco. And, the recently deceased Prince Ranier. The latest, in an ever growing line of late lamenteds -- and another flaming funeral!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© 2005 Richard Morrison
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** N.B. I'm just learning the technical side of this personal blog/ web publishing lark. This first effort is what you might call a test flight. Lightweight, I know, but that may just help it get off the ground. If it does fly, expect to see some weight, increasingly added. Especially, in the politics dept. Particularly, re: Blair & Bush. Always allowing some space for a smile, or two. I hope.

It won't always be pretty. It won't always be P.C. It will always be :
"How THIS Old Brit Sees It."

4 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

Thanks, Elaine. I've now done most of what you said. I'm up & down stairs right now, as my granddaughter's visiting. I'll keep coming back & do a bit more each time. I really appreciate you help but hope you don't loose patience as today I can't guarantee exactly when I'll be able to get back on here.

3:31 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Gawd, I'm rubbish at this tech side. I finally got the pic to sho on my profile. Was unable to drag it thouhgh. Couldn't edit - copy or cut & paste either. Maybe that's my isp, aol not allowing me. Eventually, I manually wrote down the full url, then manually copied it in. Thanks for you patience & everything, Elaine.

5:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Richard! Way to go!

5:59 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Heh. Thanks, Harper. I'll get the hang of this thing in the end, with Elaine's help, if it kills me.

6:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home